Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy
Chenut Oliveira Santiago Sociedade de Advogados (“Law Firm” or “Chenut”) is a law firm that provides legal services related to areas of law. In the regular exercise of its activities, Chenut processes personal data from different categories of data subjects. Aware that it is important to ensure the protection of such data, Chenut processes it according to the protection of personal data principles conveyed in laws and regulations in force on the matter.
This policy applies to all personal data processed by Chenut and is intended to inform the data subjects about how their personal data is processed. It may be modified, supplemented or updated to adapt to any legislative, regulatory, jurisprudential or technical developments.
The terms used in this policy have the same meaning as attributed by Law 13.709/2018 – Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (“LGPD” – General Data Protection Law in Brazil).
1. Principles for the processing of personal data
The personal data processed by Chenut are usually collected directly from the data subject, either as a result of agreements concluded between the Law Firm and the data subject, or through contact forms or application for internship or employment vacancies. Therefore, some data may be collected indirectly, such as connection data related to the Chenut’s website or data collected in the scope of the legal advisory services provision.
The personal data processed by the Law Firm are used for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes in accordance with applicable law. To this end, personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- For statistical purposes;
- For the provision of legal advisory services;
- To enrich editorial content and adapt it to users’ needs;
- To respond to requests for information about the services offered by the Law Firm;
- To manage access to the client area;
- To safeguard the Law Firm’s rights and obligations related to the use of the website;
- For recruitment purposes, when the user applies for a job;
- For compliance with legal obligations;
- For the regular exercise of its activities.
Chenut may process special categories of personal data, notably due to labor relations with its employees. Similarly, Chenut may process children’s personal data, notably related to benefits granted to employees or to the fulfillment of legal obligations, purposes for which it requires the specific and distinguished consent given by at least one parent or legal guardian.
2. Sharing of personal data
Chenut may share some personal data that it processes with third parties, notably:
- Public authorities, in cases of legal determination, judicial requisition or inspections carried out by control authorities;
- Service providers that support Chenut’s actions (IT, recruitment, general services, accounting, etc.). In this context, Chenut concludes agreements with its partners that ensure the protection of shared personal data.
- Business partners (organization of webinars, events), law firms, etc.
3. International transfer of personal data
When necessary for the performance of an agreement, Chenut may transfer personal data to one of its units abroad, notably in France and Portugal. The Law Firm’s international transfers observe the conditions set in the LGPD.
4. Storage time of personal data
Chenut stores the personal data for periods that vary according to the nature of the relationship between the parties:
- During the entire commercial or employment relationship with the data subject;
- During the time necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected;
- During the storage period defined by applicable laws or rules.
5. Data subject’s rights
Under applicable law, the personal data subject has the right to:
- Confirm that the Law Firm processes their personal data;
- Access their personal data processed by the Law Firm;
- Request the correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data;
- Request anonymisation, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive or non-compliant with LGPD data;
- Request the portability of personal data processed by Chenut to another supplier of services or products;
- Request the deletion of personal data processed on the basis of consent;
- Obtain information about public and private entities with whom the Law Firm shares personal data;
- be informed of the possibility of not providing consent, when requested, and of the consequences of the negative;
- Be informed of the possibility of revoking any consent granted.
To exercise these rights, the data subject must contact the Law Firm through the channels indicated in clause 7 below.
When browsing the Law Firm website, some cookies may be deposited in your browser. Cookies are small files stored on your computer to identify a visitor. These files have several functions and are commonly used to personalize the visitor’s experience on a website or to facilitate data and information traffic.
6.1. Cookies used
These cookies are necessary to operate this website and therefore cannot be disabled.
Function: Used for site traffic statistics.
These cookies help improve the website’s performance by collecting anonymous information to generate usage reports and statistics without identifying individual users.
Function: Part of the Google Analytics system: Monitors traffic and identifies site navigation issues.
6.2. Changing the cookie settings in the browser
You can change the browser settings about collecting cookies at any time. For more information on how to change these settings, search the browser support:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/help/17442/windows-internetexplorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/pt-BR/kb/ative-e-desative-os-cookies-queos-sites-usam
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop& hl=pt-BR
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/pt-br/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Please note that disabling some cookies may compromise some of the website’s features.
For any questions about Chenut’s practices related to the protection of personal data, please contact us through the following channel: email@example.com